- Global water Experiment (Primary Schools) – primary school students throughout the Island will complete the “pH of the planet” experiment.
- You-tube video competition (Secondary Schools) – Secondary school students will compete for a variety of awards and prizes by preparing a 3-5 minute video based on their interpretation of the IYC2011 theme “Chemistry-Our life, our future”.
- Selection of “The Best High school Chemistry Teacher in Jamaica” – nominations and voting will be done through the home page of this blog. Join the discussion on our Facebook page Jamaican Celebrations- International Year of Chemistry and tell us why you think your Chemistry teacher is the best.
- IYC2011 Jamaica feature in the Gleaner on Sunday October 23, 2011
- ‘Chemistry, Entrepreneurship and Commerce’: A panel discussion for college students majoring in chemistry on Thursday, October 27, 2011
- Exciting demonstration of the chemistry and physics of food by New York University lecturer Prof. Kent Kirhsenbaum on December 17, 2011. Kent is a co-founder of the Experimental Cuisine Collective and has appeared on the Food Network, the Cooking Channel, the Science Channel, Sid the Science Kid, NBC-Learn, the Discovery Channel and the Secret Science Club. (http://www.smp.uq.edu.au/node/1320)